Dependabot has been acquired by GitHub and we couldn't be more excited!
Here's what you need to know:
- We're integrating Dependabot directly into GitHub, starting with security fix PRs 👮♂️
- You can still install Dependabot from the GitHub Marketplace whilst we integrate it into GitHub, but it's now free of charge 🎁
- We've doubled the size of Dependabot's team; expect lots of great improvements over the coming months 👩💻👨💻👩💻👨💻👩💻👨💻
It's a dream outcome for us at Dependabot, and we can't wait to bring automated dependency updates to millions of GitHub users.
If you're an existing Dependabot customer, the changes you'll notice are:
- Dependabot is now free. You'll no longer be billed for it, and if you paid for future months, we'll be in touch to refund you.
- In time, you'll be able to configure Dependabot within GitHub, so you'll no longer need the Dependabot dashboard.
Thank you for making Dependabot what it is today. Your feedback, bug reports and encouragement over the last two years have been invaluable. We couldn't have built Dependabot without you.
Grey, Harry and Philip
The existing Dependabot app has been renamed to "Dependabot Preview." It will remain available in the GitHub Marketplace, fully supported and now free of charge, whilst we integrate its features directly into GitHub.
Yes! If you're not already a Dependabot user, we encourage you to give "Dependabot Preview" a try. We'll use your feedback on it to inform the integration with GitHub.
Dependabot is now free. You'll no longer be billed for it, and if you paid for future months, we'll be in touch to refund you.